The study of foods and nutrition offers you entry to a dynamic profession with a myriad of opportunities. Foods and Nutrition experts will fill the increasing demand for dietetic professionals. As society embraces healthy eating and preventive illness education, the demand for dietetics personnel increases. SFA's dietetic program enables motivated students to help fill that need. A major* in foods, nutrition & dietetics with a minor of combined sciences equip students with foods and nutrition knowledge required of a registered dietitian.
- Variety of laboratory facilities
- Ambassador program
- Historical costume collection
- Alumni and interns employed worldwide:
- New York City, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Montana, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Japan, and Italy
- National award winners in food, nutrition and dietetics, fashion merchandising and hospitality.
- State and regional award winners in fashion merchandising, interior design, and food, nutrition and dietetics.
- Master of Science
- Head Start Completer Program
Each of the program areas has a club or professional organization. These organizations give students the opportunity to travel to professional events nationwide and to participate in a variety of local activities. Human sciences students also are involved in campus-wide government, social and athletic activities.
The School of Human Sciences offers the largest number of scholarships of any department on campus. Please visit our Website at www.sfasu.edu/hms/department/scholarships.htm to view a list of available scholarships.For more information, contact the School of Human Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org or 936.468.4502.