An academic program in this discipline has been offered since the university opened in 1923.
- Variety of laboratory facilities
- Ambassador program
- Historical costume collection
Alumni and interns employed worldwide:
- New York City, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Montana, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Japan, and Italy
- National award winners in food, nutrition and dietetics, fashion merchandising and hospitality.
- State and regional award winners in fashion merchandising, interior design, and food, nutrition and dietetics.
- Master of Science
- Head Start Completer Program
The Family and Consumer Sciences Teachers Association of Texas student section is the university club available to majors. The purpose of the organization is to promote the field of teaching and to interface with family and consumer science teachers and students.
The School of Human Sciences offers the largest number of scholarships of any department on campus. Please visit our Website at www.sfasu.edu/hms/department/scholarships.htm to view a list of available scholarships.For more information, contact the School of Human Sciences at email@example.com or 936.468.4502.