Hospitality and tourism is the world's largest industry. Over 10 million workers, or one in 12, are employed by the industry in the United States. Women and minority workers contribute heavily to the employment base. Hospitality/tourism employs more workers than the agriculture sector and the automotive, electronic, steel and textiles industries combined. The employment outlook is exceptional for graduates of hospitality/tourism programs; the need for people with skills to administer/manage all aspects of the industry continues.
- Variety of laboratory facilities
- Ambassador program
- Historical costume collection
- Alumni and interns employed worldwide:
- New York City, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Montana, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Japan, and Italy
- National award winners in food, nutrition and dietetics, fashion merchandising and hospitality.
- State and regional award winners in fashion merchandising, interior design, and food, nutrition and dietetics.
- Master of Science
- Head Start Completer Program
Each of the program areas has a club or professional organization. These organizations give students the opportunity to travel to professional events nationwide and to participate in a variety of local activities. Human sciences students also are involved in campus-wide government, social and athletic activities.
The School of Human Sciences offers the largest number of scholarships of any department on campus. Please visit our Website at www.sfasu.edu/hms/department/scholarships.htm to view a list of available scholarships.
For more information, contact the School of Human Sciences at email@example.com or 936.468.4502.