Interior Merchandising is based on the retail/sales/operations/promotion component of merchandising interior products used in interior spaces.
An interior merchandiser must understand all facets of the interiors industry from furniture, textiles, lighting, accessories used, plus the merchandising of all products.
In the field of interior merchandising promoting and displaying products plus the understanding of retailing of the interior industry will be key components of the field.
- Variety of laboratory facilities
- Ambassador program
- Historical costume collection
- Alumni and interns employed worldwide:
- New York City, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Montana, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Japan, and Italy
- National award winners in food, nutrition and dietetics, fashion merchandising and hospitality.
- State and regional award winners in fashion merchandising, interior design, and food, nutrition and dietetics.
- Master of Science
- Head Start Completer Program
Each of the program areas has a club or professional organization. These organizations give students the opportunity to travel to professional events nationwide and to participate in a variety of local activities. Human sciences students also are involved in campus-wide government, social and athletic activities.
The School of Human Sciences offers the largest number of scholarships of any department on campus. Please visit our Website at www.sfasu.edu/hms/department/scholarships.htm to view a list of available scholarships.
For more information, contact the School of Human Sciences at email@example.com or 936.468.4502.