The Student Success Collaborative and SSC Campus are tools developed by the Education Advisory Board (EAB). The EAB provides best practice research and practical advice regarding academic affairs, business affairs, student affairs, advancement, continuing, online, and professional education, and community colleges across North America. You will have access to their extensive catalog of research in best practices and data analysis.
FAQs for Student Sucess Advising Tool
- 1. How do I get access to the advising tool?
- Access is given based upon your access in Banner. If you are faculty or an advisor, access is automatically given based upon those roles and you will use your mySFA credentials to log into the advising tool. If you are unable to log in, check with your department to make sure you have the required access in Banner.
- 2. Can I bookmark the login page?
Yes, you may bookmark the login page but you need to follow these steps for it to work properly:
- Right click on the bookmark
- Choose properties or edit
- Change the URL link to https://sfasu.campus.eab.com/
- 3. How do I register with the Education Advisory Board (EAB) to access the system and review any materials?
- Navigate your browser to eab.com
- Click on "Member Login" on the top left-hand corner
- Click "New user?"
Search for Stephen F. Austin and enter your sfasu.edu email address and other corresponding information to complete your registration
- 4. How do I create a worklist?
- Click here for a brief tutorial on how to create a worklist.
- 5. Why are the enrollment numbers higher in the platform than the actual numbers for the current semester?
- The enrollment numbers in the platform contain students who are not currently enrolled but attempted a course within the last 365 days. It includes admitted students, even if they have not registered at SFASU; however, these students will be removed once the last day to register has passed.
- 6. How often is the content on the site refreshed or updated?
- Updates occur daily prior to 8:00 a.m. (CT); therefore, there may be a slight delay in when an activity occurs that is reflected in Banner before it appears in the platform.
- 7. When I log out of the platform I stay logged in anyway. Why?
- SFA uses a single sign on method called CAS (Central Authentication Service) that uses your mySFA credentials to log in to the platform. Once you are logged in to CAS you are able to get to any other program that is set up using single sign on without having to log in each time. To end your log in to any of these programs, you will need to close your browser completely or actually log out of CAS; otherwise, you stay logged in to the platform.
- 8. Where can I find additional information about the Education Advisory Board's Student Success Collaborative?
- Click here to access an FAQ on the EAB site.
Setting Up Your Appointment Availability and Managing Student Appointments
- Setting up your availability for advising appointment scheduling
- Advising homepage and overview of your assigned students
- Upcoming appointments tab overview
- Advising center overview - who has checked in for an appointment and who is in your queue
- How to schedule an appointment with a student
- Reviewing or submitting advising reports
- How to integrate your calendar
Student Overview Page Reminders
- Creating an Advising Report (recap of advising appointment)
- Adding in a Note (one-off notes outside of advising appointment)
- Student Overview
- Classes This Term
- Sending Messages to Students
Creating an Advising Appointment Campaign
Front Desk Advising Center Management
System Administrator Guide
Nelson Rusche College of Business
College of Sciences and Mathematics