About the AARC
The Academic Assistance and Resource Center is an award-winning program that provides free peer tutoring for many entry-level courses. We are Lumberjack students helping other Lumberjack students stay strong and reach their full potential. The AARC transforms the way students learn through online resources, on-call tutoring at walk-in tables, 1:1 appointments, and supplemental instruction groups and learning teams both led by students who have successfully completed the course. We had 75,000 visits last year and assisted 6,000 students. We make it easy for you to get the help you need!
The AARC transforms the way students learn through the personal attention of our staff who engage and empower SFA students via tutoring and mentoring services in an innovative and collaborative environment to intentionally improve retention, graduation and life-long learning.
The AARC is regionally and nationally accredited and has received the following recognitions:
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s Star Award
- Distinguished Certification by the National Association for Developmental Education
- Distinguished Program Award by the Texas Association of Developmental Education
- John Champagne Memorial Award for Outstanding Developmental Education Program
- Certified at all three levels by the College Reading and Learning Association Tutor Certification