NACOGDOCHES, Texas - Seniors in the interior design program at Stephen F. Austin State University will showcase their work through April 2 on the second floor of the Ralph W. Steen Library on the SFA campus.
Each of the 11 participating seniors designed, fabricated and installed a freestanding structure on which to display their work and support a monitor to digitally present their portfolio. The structures reflect each student's design philosophy and personality and provide a backdrop for their display.
The Essence of Design exhibit achieves four objectives in the interior design curriculum:
- to ready student portfolios for the job-search process by providing a digital portfolio;
- to encourage student self-assessment;
- to allow students to experience the complete design process of conceptualization, design development, fabrication, installation and evaluation;
- to communicate the scope of interior design education to the public; and
- to provide a recruitment tool for the interior design program.
Guided tours may be arranged by contacting Sally Ann Swearingen, associate professor of human sciences, at (936) 468-2048 or email email@example.com.