Executive Director of Enrollment Management
What drew you to the higher education world?
As a college student, I didn't know a profession in higher education even existed. But as a college student, I was super involved on campus and was fortunate to have some great mentors in and out of the classroom. When I found out that I could actually get paid to encourage students to go to college, and help students and their parents through the college search process, I was hooked.
What do you enjoy most about your role at SFA?
The opportunity to make positive change for students, the university, and the state. I enjoy collaborating with faculty and staff on initiatives that can positively impact the recruitment, retention, and success of our students.
What do you hope students gain from SFA?
I know this may sound cheesy, but a "transformative" experience. As a first-generation college student, my college experience transformed me – it provided me both a formal educational degree and a rich "life" experience. I hope students gain new friendships with individuals that are different than themselves; a respect for diversity; new experiences, skills, knowledge, and interests; a passion for lifelong learning; and a commitment to support and improve their community.
What are you passionate about outside of your role at SFA?
My family. I truly believe that if I am committed to being the best wife, mother, sister, daughter and aunt that I am called to be, I can help improve my family and my community. I love to travel, near and far. And I'm always open to discovering new adventures.
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Executive Director of Enrollment Management
- Texas Woman’s University, Director of Admissions
- Texas Lutheran University, Director of Admissions & Financial Aid
- University of Houston, College of Pharmacy, Director of Recruitment & Retention
- South Texas College of Law, Admission Counselor
- Doctoral Studies in Higher Education Administration
Texas Tech University
- Master of Education in Administration and Supervision, Higher Education
University of Houston
- Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communications
University of Houston