Scholarship Deadlines FY: 2017/2018
February 1, 2017 Scholarship application portal closes February 3, 2017 Scholarship applications available for committee review March 3, 2017 All evaluations of scholarship applications completed March 6, 2017
Scholarship Pre-disbursement Request Forms/
Alumni Roster completed
Summer/Fall 2017 Registration Schedule
Graduate, Postgraduate, Special Groups Monday, March 27, 2017 7:00 a.m. Senior and up Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:00 a.m. Junior and up Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:00 a.m. Sophomore and up Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:00 a.m. Freshman and up Friday, March 31, 2017 7:00 a.m.
Letter from Provost
Dear SFA Family,
Choosing the right college or university is one of the most significant decisions in a person's life. As provost and vice president for academic affairs at Stephen F. Austin State University, I want you to know that this institution focuses on student learning and student success. Through the personal attention of our faculty and staff we challenge minds and change lives - one Lumberjack at a time.
- SFA enrolls approximately 13,000 students - we're the perfect size for a university. Not only do our students receive a personalized education but they also have opportunities for hands-on experiences to prepare them for their futures.
- SFA offers 82 undergraduate majors and more than 120 areas of study to attract students for distinctive and individual experiences.
- The Academic Assistance and Resource Center (AARC) provides free tutoring, study sessions and supplemental instruction to SFA students. This center received the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board STAR Award in recognition for its effective assistance to students.
- The acceptance rate for our pre-professional students into law, medical and professional schools is consistently higher than the national average.
- The Richard and Lucille DeWitt School of Nursing achieves one of the highest licensure pass rates and graduation/persistence rates in the state.
- SFA's interior design graduates boast a 98-percent employment rate in their field.
- Students continue to take advantage of SFA study abroad opportunities, such as faculty-led programs, student exchanges and independent programs. Substantial scholarship opportunities are available to provide financial assistance.
- The SFA School of Honors offers incentives and advantages to students who wish to excel both inside and outside the classroom.
- All SFA students have the opportunity to take part in our high-impact, participatory approach to learning, working closely with faculty members and fellow students.
These are just a few of our academic highlights. Most importantly, Stephen F. Austin State University produces graduates who are well-rounded and well-prepared for professional and personal success.
When it comes to making a college decision, I urge you to bring your prospective student to visit SFA and meet our outstanding faculty and students. I know you will be as enthusiastic as I am. SFA provides students with an outstanding academic experience - the Lumberjack Experience!
Steven H. Bullard
Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs