Course Syllabus Guidelines
|Course Syllabus Guidelines for NON Core Curriculum Courses||5/19/16|
|Course Syllabus Guidelines for Core Curriculum Courses||5/19/16|
Rubrics for new Core Assessment Plan
- Final Critical Thinking Rubric(Posted 2/17/14)
Final Empirical and Quantitative Skills Rubric (2/17/14)
- Final Personal Responsibility Rubric (2/17/14)
- Final Social Responsibility Rubric (2/17/14)
- Final Teamwork Rubric (2/17/14)
Final ORAL and VISUAL Communication Value Rubric (Posted 4/14/14)
- Final ORAL Communication Rubric (11/21/13)
- Final WRITTEN and VISUAL Communication Rubric (11/21/13)
- Final WRITTEN Communication Rubric (11/21/13)
Guidelines for Assessment of Core Curriculum Courses - This document was created by the Core Curriculum Assessment Committee in January of 2006. It provides a detailed explanation of the new core assessment procedures. It is VERY important that all course coordinators read this document very carefully.
Core Curriculum: Assumptions and Defining Characteristics - This is the document created in 1998 by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to guide state colleges and universities in developing their core courses. It outlines the competencies and objectives that the entire core, as well as individual courses, are expected to cover.
Course Coordinators by Core Course - This table lists all the core courses currently offered at SFA (as listed in the current catalogue) and the course coordinator assigned to that course. All course coordinators should be listed by April 3.
Assessment Forms in Microsoft Word Format - These are the same forms that are supplied in Appendix C of the "Guidelines" document, but in .doc format for easy completion.
Quick Reference Guide - A 1-page summary of the assessment process.
- Writing Student Outcomes - A helpful handout on writing outcomes that we got at one of the sessions at the A&M conference.
- Assesment Resource Page
Available Core Curriculum Assessments
The core course curriculum assessments are available from within mySFA. After logging into mySFA, choose the myServices tab and click on Reports in the Core Curriculum Assessment section on the left email@example.com.