2016/2017 Regents Professor
The title of Regents Professor is the highest honor that the university may bestow upon a member of the faculty. The honor is reserved for faculty members who are exemplary role models to the university community. The title of Regents Professor is not an academic rank and is held for one year.
Full details can be found in: Regents Professor (A-38)
Each spring, the Regents Professor delivers a public lecture hosted by the Office of the Provost and the University Lecture Series Committee.
Guidelines to apply for Regents Professor:
- See policy for criteria
- Portfolio is due to the Provost by February (see Schedule of Deadlines)
- Dossier must include a current curriculum vitae, evidence of exceptional teaching, evidence of exceptional research/scholarly/creative accomplishment, and evidence of exceptional service.
- The provost appoints a review panel of six from the ranks of former Regents Professors and deans, with attention to disciplinary balance. The review panel will examine the dossiers independently and vote by anonymous ballot.
- The Provost will make the final decision, based on the committee's recommendations.
- The final approval and announcement will be made at the April board meeting.
Dr. Kenneth Farrish
Dr. Kenneth Farrish was awarded the honor of becoming the 2016-2017 Regents Professor at the April 2016 board meeting. Dr. Farrish will serve as Regents Professor beginning fall semester, 2016 and will receive his Regents medal at the May, 2017 commencement.
Previous Regents Professors
|2015-2016||Dr. Ray Darville|
|2014-2015||Dr. Tim King|
|2013-2014||Dr. Harry Downing|
|2012-2013||Dr. Brian Oswald|
|2011-2012||Dr. Jimmie Yeiser|
|2010-2011||Dr. Hans Williams|
|2009-2010||Dr. Tom Segady|
|2008-2009||Dr. John Moore|
|2007-2008||Dr. Leon Young|
|2006-2007||Dr. Allen Richman||Dr. David Creech|
|2004-2005||Dr. Sandra McCune||Dr. Sammie Smith|
|2003-2004||Dr. Suzy Weems||Mr. Charles D. Jones|
|2002-2003||Ms. Mary McCleary||Dr. Robert Szafran|
|2001-2002||Dr. Anna Bradfield||Dr. Michael Legg|
|2000-2001||Dr. Norman Markworth||Dr. Leonard Cheever|
|1999-2000||Dr. Scott Bills||Dr. James Corbin|
|1998-1999||Dr. Tom Callaway||Dr. Mingteh Chang|
|1997-1998||Dr. Mel Finkenberg||Dr. Jose Rodriguez|
|1996-1997||Dr. David Kulhavy||Dr. Jere Jackson|
|1995-1996||Dr. James Kroll||Dr. Donnya Stephens|
|1994-1995||Dr. James Towns||Dr. Syliva McGrath|
|1993-1994||Dr. Vinay Kothari||Dr. Elvia Rodriguez|
|1992-1993||Dr. Bobby Johnson||Dr. James DiNucci|
|1991-1992||Dr. Gloria Durr||Dr. E. Donice McCune|
|1990-1991||Dr. Francis E. Abernethy||Dr. Thomas J. Stanly|
|1989-1990||Dr. Lynnette Solomon||Dr. William Young|
|1988-1989||Dr. James G. Dickson||Dr. Dillard Tinsley|
|1987-1988||Dr. David Petty||Dr. Neal Houston|
|1986-1987||Dr. David W. Jones||Dr. Elray Nixon|
|1985-1986||Dr. Archie McDonald||Dr. Victor Bilan|
|1984-1985||Mr. William E. Arscott||Dr. Alfred S. Shivers|
|1983-1984||Dr. June Irwin||Dr. Donald Beason|
|1982-1983||Dr. Walter Robertson||Dr. Dan Beaty|
|1981-1982||Dr. William Cozart||Dr. Jack McCullough|
|1980-1981||Dr. James Garrett||Dr. Robert S. Maxwell|