Take your career to the next level
A Master of Business Administration gives you the competitive edge to prepare for a wide range of career options with more opportunity for advancement and increased earning potential.
The benefits of an MBA reach far beyond the business world. The program pairs well with careers in health care, government, education and nonprofit. Many students enter the MBA program with non-business degrees.
The Flex MBA comes to you
With the Flex MBA you can join actual MBA classes at SFA without setting foot on campus by using Zoom, a video conferencing technology, or attend all or some of your MBA classes in person. Even individual courses can be taken partially on campus and partially via Zoom. Regardless of the approach you choose, it’s all the same degree.
Graduate program requirements
Our MBA program targets the essential business administration areas. A student can complete the program in one year with a carefully planned schedule, provided no leveling classes are required. Students with a non-business background are required to complete undergraduate courses in accounting, economics, finance, management, statistics and marketing.
Students with a non-business background
Entrance into the MBA program is open to all students holding a bachelor’s degree without regard to major. It is not necessary to have any previous business coursework to be admitted, however, leveling courses are required for students with a non-business background.
*See the Graduate Bulletin for additional details, guidelines and requirements.
All MBA students
- All MBA students are required to complete 36 hours of graduate-level business courses.
- All requirements must be completed within six years of graduate enrollment.
- To remain in good standing, students must have a 3.0 GPA (B average) in all graduate work.
- No Ds and no more than two Cs may be counted toward graduate degree requirements.
- No more than two graduate classes may be repeated to improve the course grade.
- The GPA may not be improved by retaking a course at another university.
- When approved by the MBA Director, a student may transfer a maximum of 12 semester credit hours from an AACSB-accredited school.
- To satisfy the university’s comprehensive exam requirement, a grade of B or better is required in the capstone MGMT 5317 course.
Planned Course Rotation
|ACC 511*||Accounting for Management||Online|
|BCM 520*||Managerial Communication||X||Online||Both|
|BLW 547*||Transnational Business Law||X|
|ECO 520*||Managerial Economics||X|
|FIN 510||International Finance||X|
|FIN 514*||Adv. Financial Management||X|
|FIN 554||Port Analys in Capital Mkts||X|
|FIN 590||Investment Roundtable||X||X|
|GBU 550*||Executive Leadership||Online||X||Online|
|GBU 557||Negotiation & Dispute Resolution||X|
|MGT 517*||Strategic Management||X|
|MGT 571*||Operations Management||X|
|MGT 573||Sem in Human Res Management||X|
|MGT 577||Organizational Behav. & Theory||X|
|MGT 581*||Info. Systems in Organizations||X|
|MKT 513*||Marketing Management||X|
*Courses required within the M.B.A. program