Take your career to the next level
A Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree gives students the competitive edge to prepare for a wider range of career options, with more opportunity for advancement and greatly increased earning potential.
An advanced business degree can be your gateway to a rewarding and challenging career in a business-related field such as accounting, human resources, marketing and manufacturing. But the benefits of an M.B.A. reach far beyond the business world. The program pairs well with careers in health care, government, education and nonprofit – and many students enter the M.B.A. program with non-business degrees.
Our M.B.A program is tightly scripted to provide broad coverage of the essential business administration areas. They majority of our classes are traditional evening classes with only a few classes offered online. A student can complete the program in one year with a carefully planned schedule, provided no leveling classes are required.
To ensure a solid foundation entering the program, students with a non-business background are required to complete undergraduate courses in accounting, economics, finance, management, statistics and marketing.
Graduate program requirements
Students with a non-business background
Students entering the M.B.A. program with a non-business undergraduate degree must complete 21 hours of undergraduate business foundation courses, including:
- ACC 231 — Financial Accounting
- CSC 121 — Introduction to Information Processing Systems
- ECO 232 — Principles of Microeconomics
- FIN 333 — Introduction to Financial Management
- MGT 370 — Management Principles
- MKT 351 — Principles in Marketing
- MTH 220 — Introduction to Probability and Statistics
One or more of these foundation course requirements may be waived if you completed the course with a “B” or better at an accredited college or university.
All M.B.A. students
All M.B.A. students are required to complete 30 hours of graduate-level business courses, including:
- ACC 511 — Accounting for Management
- BCM 520 — Managerial Communication
- BLW 547 — Transnational Business Law
- ECO 520 — Managerial Economics
- FIN 514 — Financial Management
- GBU 550 — Executive Leadership
- MGT 571 — Operations Management
- MGT 517 — Strategic Management
- MGT 581 — Information Systems in Organizations
- MKT 513 — Marketing Management
In addition to completing core M.B.A. coursework, students must complete 6 hours of approved business electives.
Planned Course Rotation
|ACC 511*||Accounting for Management||Online|
|BCM 520*||Managerial Communication||X||Online||Both|
|BLW 547*||Transnational Business Law||X|
|ECO 520*||Managerial Economics||X|
|FIN 510||International Finance||X|
|FIN 514*||Adv. Financial Management||X|
|FIN 554||Port Analys in Capital Mkts||X|
|FIN 590||Investment Roundtable||X||X|
|GBU 550*||Executive Leadership||Online||X||Online|
|GBU 557||Negotiation & Dispute Resolution||X|
|MGT 517*||Strategic Management||X|
|MGT 571*||Operations Management||X|
|MGT 573||Sem in Human Res Management||X|
|MGT 577||Organizational Behav. & Theory||X|
|MGT 581*||Info. Systems in Organizations||X|
|MKT 513*||Marketing Management||X|
Registering for class?
Visit our M.B.A. course offerings page to explore options for the upcoming semester.
How to apply
An undergraduate degree in business is not required for admission. Students with a degree in any field can apply to SFA’s M.B.A. program as long as they meet the program’s admission requirements.
To be considered for admission to the M.B.A. program, applicants must fill out and submit an application, plus their GMAT scores and official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. A minimum GMAT score of 420, plus one of the following criteria must be met:
- Achieve a minimum of 1050 points using the formula: (200 x overall GPA) + GMAT score; or
- Achieve a minimum of 1050 points using the formula: (200 x Upper-division* GPA) + GMAT score
*Upper-division can either be the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework (excluding freshmen-level courses) or all junior/senior courses.
You can apply for a waiver for the GMAT requirement if you meet one of the following requirements:
- You have a GPA of 3.5 or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university
- You have more than 3 years of professional management experience
International students must submit TOEFL scores in addition to GMAT scores. Applicants must score a minimum of 213 on the computer-based test; 80 on the Internet-based test; or 550 on the paper-based test.