A supportive, caring environment
Want to learn about potential career paths in Environmental Science? Need more information about electives, majors, or concentrations? Looking for internships or research opportunities? Feeling overwhelmed?
We can help.
An open-door policy
At SFA, we have an open-door advising policy, which means your dedicated advisor will be available when you need them, whether you want to discuss your major, investigate potential career paths, stay motivated or get advice and support.
Your advisor will also be there to guide you through nearly every aspect of your college career. You can speak to your advisor if you want to:
- change your major or minor
- explore potential career paths
- answer questions about academic policies
- adjust to college life
- file for graduation
- or get back on track if you’re struggling academically.
Find your advisor
All environmental science students are assigned to an academic advisor as soon as they choose a major. Not sure who your advisor is? Contact us to find out.
Visit: Forestry Building, Room 103
How to make an appointment
To schedule an appointment with an advisor:
- Log into mySFA.
- Click on the "Advising" tab.
- In the "My Advisor" portal, go to your assigned advisor.
- Click on "Schedule an appointment with your advisor".
Visit the Arthur Temple College of Forestry and Agriculture Advising page for answers to frequently asked questions.