Support, guidance and more
As a student in the Arthur Temple College of Forestry and Agriculture, you’ll work with dedicated academic advisors who will guide and support you throughout your time at SFA. Your advisor will help you choose a degree plan that aligns with your career goals and interests, and work with you to track your academic progress and stay motivated.
A roadmap to success
There’s more to advising than simply registering for classes or creating a degree plan. Your academic advisor can also help you:
- choose (or change) your major or minor
- adjust to college life
- get involved in student organizations
- get back on track if you’re struggling academically
- and learn more about potential career paths or graduate programs.
Find your advisor
All geospatial science students are assigned to an academic advisor as soon as they choose a major. Not sure who your advisor is? Contact us to find out.
Visit: Forestry Building, Room 103
How to make an appointment
You can make an appointment with your advisor by calling 936.468.4405.
You can also find your advisor and make an appointment online by following the steps below:
- Log into mySFA.
- Click on the "Advising" tab.
- In the "My Advisor" portal, go to your assigned advisor.
- Click on "Schedule an appointment with your advisor".
Visit the Arthur Temple College of Forestry and Agriculture Advising page for answers to frequently asked questions.