Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program
The Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program is a two-year program that allows active duty enlisted soldiers to complete an undergraduate degree or a two-year graduate degree and earn a commission as an Army officer.
Soldiers selected to participate in the Green to Gold program will continue to receive their current pay and allowances while in the program (up to a maximum of 24 consecutive months). In addition, they will receive additional benefits, including:
- Leadership training
- Responsibility and practical experience
Students who participate in the Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program will be required to serve in the military for a total of eight years. The required service includes three years of active duty followed by service in the Army National Guard, the United States Army Reserve or the Individual Ready Reserve.
To be eligible for participation in the Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be under 30 years old on the date of the your projected graduation and commission.
- Must have no convictions for a domestic violence-related crime
- Must have a minimum of two years active duty at the time of application as well as three months of active duty for every one month of specialized training
- Must have a General Technical score of 110 or greater
- Must pass the Army Physical Fitness Test within the last six months with score of 180 or higher (a minimum of 60 points is required in each event)
- Must have a college grade point average of 2.5
- Must submit a letter of acceptance to your school of choice offering Army ROTC
- Must submit a letter of acceptance from the professor of military science of the school’s Army ROTC battalion
- Must have a favorable national agency check (or have initiated the action)
- Must receive medical qualification from the Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board
- Must be eligible to reenlist
- Must not be a conscientious objector
- Must have no more than three dependents including spouse
Waivers can be requested for some of these requirements. Talk to your advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
In addition to the requirements listed above, applicants are evaluated based on other qualities, including scholastic aptitude, physical fitness and leadership skills and capabilities.