SFA’s geology department ensures that our students and faculty are equipped with the technology necessary to perform state-of-the-art research.
Major geology equipment includes:
- Optical microscopes
- CG-5 microgravity meter
- OhmMapper resistivity meter
- UV spectrometer
- Water chemistry equipment
- Mineral separation equipment
- X-ray diffraction instrumentation
- Cesium-vapor magnetometer
- Ground conductivity meter
- Ground penetrating radar
Computer labs are available in the geology department for training and research on the latest geological and geophysical software used in the oil and gas and environmental industries.
Access to the university's mainframe can be provided upon request for projects requiring a high level of processing power. Plotters, digitizing and mapping equipment are also available.