SFA’s geology students have plenty of opportunities to get involved in a variety of student clubs and organizations. Our geology clubs are very active, and members enjoy a variety of events, from attending conventions and taking field trips to participating in community service projects.
As a member of one of our organizations, you’ll get to know your professors and your fellow Lumberjacks, and you’ll build relationships and skills that will help you make the most of your time at SFA.
For more information about geology clubs and organizations, you can contact your faculty adviser to find the best fit for your interests.
Clubs and organizations
- SFA’s Geology Club offers fun events for students interested in geology. As a member, you’ll meet Lumberjacks who share your interest in geology and participate in field trips, activities and social events.
- The SFA chapter of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists provides geology students with job contacts, educational opportunities and the chance to participate in fun activities like the annual convention and the student job expo.
- SFA also is home to a chapter of the Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists. Students who join AEG have the opportunity to attend a variety of conferences, field trips, networking events and more.
Membership in an honor society looks great on a resume or an application for grad school.
Students who meet certain academic requirements may be eligible for membership in SFA’s Gamma Phi chapter of Sigma Gamma Epsilon. Members participate in a variety of academic- and service-oriented activities, including:
- Organizing field trips
- Tutoring for undergraduates by graduate students
- Arranging departmental displays