Resources and Forms
Tools for you
We’re here to help you every step of the way as you research your financial aid options, apply for assistance and consider aid offers. Here are some resources, from scholarship search engines to financial aid guides, that can help answer your questions.
Researching your options
Adventures in Education
You can find financial aid information, money management tips and a scholarship search engine here. You’ll also find downloadable loan deferment forms.
Federal Student Aid
This Federal site helps to simplify the financial aid process.
College For All Texans
This Texas site provides tips for applying to college and getting financial aid.
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
This site can help you search for affordable Texas colleges, and it offers guidance on the application process.
U.S. Department of Education Guide to Understanding Default
This site outlines options for paying off a defaulted loan. It includes information on loan consolidation, cancellation and discharge. This guide also explains the consequences of default and provides suggestions about resolving disputes related to defaulted loans.
Financial Aid for Graduate and Professional Degree Students
This federal site explains the financial aid application process and provides information about the options available to graduate students.
- Direct Loans Website for Student and Parent Loans
- U.S. Department of Education Guide to Understanding Default
The National Student Loan Database System
Use this site to compile a list of all of your loans, including amounts and dates. You also can find loan servicer contact information here.
- Military.com scholarship finder
- U.S. Department of Labor Scholarship Search
- U.S. Department of Education: Finding Scholarships
Financial aid forms
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Filling out this application is the first step you’ll take toward receiving financial aid. Completing the online form is free, and it doesn’t take very long. The U.S. Department of Education uses the information you provide to determine your eligibility for federal grants, work-study funds and loans. And we use the information to help you get state and university-funded aid.
Texas Application State Financial Aid (TASFA)
You can refer to this site to determine if the TASFA is right for you and access the application.
You will be notified by e-mail if your file is selected for the verification (fact checking) process. Please do not submit these documents to us unless requested.
Financial aid appeal form
- Financial Aid SAP Appeal Form
- Texas Top 10% Hardship Appeal Form (for students who are not meeting the Renewal Requirements for the Texas Top 10% program)
- Texas Top 10% Hardship Policy
Please complete the Perkins Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling only if you have already been awarded a Perkins Loan. If you would like to apply for a Perkins Loan, please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
If you’re a transfer student with prior loan history, you have the option of sending a copy of your complete Entrance Counseling by using our Transfer Student Entrance Counseling guide.
- ATS (Agreement to Serve)
- Initial and Subsequent Counseling (complete the online Agreement to Serve)
- TEACH Grant Exit Counseling
2016-2017 special forms
(to be completed only at the request of the Financial Aid Office)
- 2016-2017 Verification of Household Size
- Household Income Worksheet
- Proof of Parental Separation Form (complete this form if your parents answered "separated" on the Verification Worksheet)
- Proof of Student Separation Form
- Proof of Dependent Form
- 2016-2017 Verification of SNAP (Food Stamps) Benefits
- 2016-2017 Verification of Child Support Paid
- 2016-2017 Drug Conviction Worksheet
- Identity and Statement of Purpose
- TX Statement of Eligibility
- Bachelor's Degree Verification
- Dependent Care Form
Dependent Care Notification: If you are an independent student with monthly daycare expenses for your child or children under the age of 12, you may be eligible for additional financial aid. Please indicate the number of children YOU pay daycare for on the form.