Tools for you
We’re here to help you every step of the way as you research your financial aid options, apply for assistance and consider aid offers. Here are some resources, from scholarship search engines to financial aid guides, that can help answer your questions.
Researching your options
Adventures in Education
You can find financial aid information, money management tips and a scholarship search engine here. You’ll also find downloadable loan deferment forms.
College For All Texans
This Texas site provides tips for applying to college and getting financial aid.
Federal Student Aid
This Federal site helps to simplify the financial aid process.
Financial Aid for Graduate and Professional Degree Students
This federal site explains the financial aid application process and provides information about the options available to graduate students.
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
This site can help you search for affordable Texas colleges, and it offers guidance on the application process.
Texas On Course
This site introduces the Tri-Agency Initiative made up of the Texas Education Agency, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and the Texas Workforce Commission and provides education and career resources for students and families.
U.S. Department of Education Guide to Understanding Default
This site outlines options for paying off a defaulted loan. It includes information on loan consolidation, cancellation and discharge. This guide also explains the consequences of default and provides suggestions about resolving disputes related to defaulted loans.
- Direct Loans Website for Student and Parent Loans
- U.S. Department of Education Guide to Understanding Default
The National Student Loan Database System
Use this site to compile a list of all of your loans, including amounts and dates. You also can find loan servicer contact information here.
- U.S. Department of Labor Scholarship Search
- U.S. Department of Education: Finding Scholarships
Financial aid forms
Requested documentation can be submitted to our office by mail, fax, in person, or emailed via your SFA email account. For security purposes, do not use an email account other than the assigned SFA email account to submit documentation to our office.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Filling out this application is the first step you’ll take toward receiving financial aid. Completing the online form is free, and it doesn’t take very long. The U.S. Department of Education uses the information you provide to determine your eligibility for federal grants, work-study funds and loans. And we use the information to help you get state and university-funded aid.
Texas Application State Financial Aid (TASFA)
You can refer to this site to determine if the TASFA is right for you and access the application.
You will be notified by e-mail if your file is selected for the verification (fact checking) process. Please do not submit these documents to us unless requested.
- 2019-20 Verification Worksheet (This can now be uploaded through your mySFA account)
Financial aid appeal form
- Financial Aid SAP Appeal Form
- TEXAS Grant Hardship Appeal Form
Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
If you’re a transfer student with prior loan history, you have the option of sending a copy of your complete Entrance Counseling by using our Transfer Student Entrance Counseling guide.
- ATS (Agreement to Serve)
- Initial and Subsequent Counseling (complete the online Agreement to Serve)
- TEACH Grant Exit Counseling
Revisions can be submitted online to make changes to your award package. Follow these steps to submit your request:
- Log in to your mySFA account
- Click on the Financial Aid tab
- Go to the Self-Service banner
- Click on the Financial Aid tab
- Click on Financial Aid Revisions
- Choose an Aid Year and Term
- Choose the type of revision you want to submit (only one permitted)
2019-20 special forms
(Complete these only at the request of the Financial Aid Office. All special forms can be uploaded through you mySFA account)
- 2019-20 Household Size Worksheet
- 2019-20 Proof of Parental Separation Form (complete this form if your parents answered "separated" on the Verification Worksheet)
- 2019-20 Proof of Student Separation Form
- 2019-20 Drug Conviction Worksheet
Students may be required to submit additional documentation even though they have not been selected for verification. These documents may relate to citizenship status, veteran status and/or orphan status. If requested, please submit the additional documentation immediately to the financial aid office to avoid any delays with your financial aid.