May-mester -- May 17 - June 2, 2010
- What is May-mester?
- What are the dates for May-mester?
- What are the advantages of taking a May-mester class?
- What courses can I take?
- How many courses can I take?
- When can I enroll for May-mester?
- How much do May-mester courses cost?
- Is housing available during May-mester?
- What if I need to withdraw from my course?
- Where can I get more information?
May-mester is a two-week term that takes place in May after the spring semester ends. It offers SFA students the opportunity to earn up to four hours of academic credit before summer classes begin.
Each three-credit-hour class meets for approximately three hours and 15 minutes each day for 10 days, Monday through Friday, beginning May 17. No classes will meet on Memorial Day, May 31. Final exams are held June 2.
May-mester classes give you a chance to get ahead or catch up. During this short term, you can complete a course that is required for your degree plan or retake a class that you need. If you are anticipating a particularly challenging fall semester, May-mester may allow you to concentrate on one difficult course or have a lighter load in the upcoming term.
A list of courses that will be offered is available at http://www.sfasu.edu/registrar/registration/schedule.asp
Because of the intensity of courses offered during such a short time period, students will be allowed to enroll in no more than four credit hours.
Currently enrolled students may begin to register for classes according to following schedule:
- 7 a.m. March 30 - Seniors and up
- 7 a.m. March 31 - Juniors and up
- 7 a.m. April 1 - Sophomore and up
- 7 a.m. April 2 - Freshman and up
Residence halls will be available, click here for rates:
You may withdraw from the course by dropping online through MySFA until June 1 or by contacting the Registrar’s Office at (936) 468-1370.
Call (936) 468-1370 to get more information about May-mester offerings at Stephen F. Austin State University.