All entries for team sports, individual and dual sports and special events are handled in the Intramural Sports Office in the HPE Complex or in the Student recreation Center. To register a team, please follow the steps listed below:
One- or Three-Day Tournament Registration
- Registration periods for most individual/dual sports start the Monday morning the week of the event and ends usually 10 MINUTES prior to the start of the event. Registration varies on some events. PLEASE CHECK FLYERS AND ONLINE FOR ACTUAL DEADLINES AND START TIMES. Most events will have a start time of 4:00pm, but some events will differ depending on facility availability.
- Registration will be accepted in the IMS Office in the Student Recreation Center or on-site starting 30 minutes prior to an event.
- Students must check in at the front desk of the HPE Complex and acquire a shoe tag prior to participating in IMS events held in the HPE Complex.
- Students must have a valid ID to enter any Campus Recreation facility.
- For ALL one-day tournaments you must register 10 MINUTES prior to the event or you will not be allowed to participate. A registration form must be submitted with all information for the participant (name, phone, and email address.) Payment for specific sports will be accepted at the event site when you arrive for the activity if applicable (Bowling, putt-putt, golf, etc).
- Registration for three-day tournaments will be accepted on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday only. Thursday is the championship day where the final eight (8) competitors will compete for the championship.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday, the bracket will be played to the final four (4) Male competitors and final four (4) female competitors. Those participants will come back on Thursday to compete for the championship.
- Participants who are eliminated on Tuesday may compete again on Wednesday if they choose
- Three Day Tournament Championship Day: If a participant has advanced to the championship day for a three-day tournament but is unable to participant on that day (Thursdays), that player will be allowed to select a replacement player from his/her team who participated in the event but was eliminated. Selecting a person who did not participate on Tuesday or Wednesday will NOT be allowed.
- Skills Competitions - on skills competitions, registration for the event will be taken throughout the event. As there are multiple events to compete in, participants may come and go as they please and compete in events of their choosing. The cut-off time will generally be 30 minutes prior to the end of the overall event (times posted on flyers and on-line).
- A single representative can register as many participants as needed (i.e. fraternity IM Chair can register the members who are coming.)
- Some sports offered may be listed as "Open" meaning both men and women can be on the same team, however no number is designated and therefore, it is not a Co-Rec event. 8. There is a penalty for a no show or forfeiting an individual/dual or minor team sport if you are in the Lumberjack Cup race. Only register the people you know are coming.
Major Team Sports/Play-By-Date Sports (3 on 3 basketball, sand volleyball, etc.)
- Instant Scheduling will be used for all major team sports. With this scheduling, all leagues will be set prior to the registration period. All accommodations will be made to provide an equal opportunity for all teams on all nights (I.E.: men's, women's, and co-rec leagues will be scheduled so that teams have options of nights and times). Leagues will also be broken into Competitive and Recreational divisions to delineate between our competitive and recreational oriented teams.
- To register your team in instant scheduling, the earlier you sign up, the better chance you have of getting the spot that best fits your team's needs. Check the flyers and online for the registration periods for the sport you are interested in playing. Come to the IMS Office to register your team. You will place your name in the league you want and your schedule is already produced for you. Example: If you want to sign up in league 1 for Co-Rec because they play on Monday's at 7:00 or 8:00, you will fill in your team name into a team slot. That team slot will correspond to the scheduled teams (i.e. Team 1 would be the first team slot in the standings).
- A registration form must be completed with Team Name, Captain, Co-Captain, emails for both, phone numbers for both, and payment for the team. You must provide the name of a captain with a phone number and VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.
IMLeagues.com registration process:
- For all major team sports and some minor team sports, captains will come to the rec center and register in person. You will come to the registration table and complete a registration form.
- A registration form must be completed with Team Name, Captain, Co-Captain, emails for both, phone numbers for both, and a forfeit bond for the team. You must provide the name of a captain with a phone number and VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.
- You will then go the CRec Administration Office and pay your $30 registration fee.
- You will then come back to the registration table and you will now be able to create a profile on IMLeagues if you have not done so and then create your team. Our staff will be there to help you through the process.
- You will select your league, division based on nights and times offered. Once you are in the league, you may change your placement anytime as long as there are vacant spots available.
- You will receive instructions to give to your team so they can register and be added to your roster. You as the captain now have the ability to maintain your roster anytime.
- $30 Registration fee: We will no longer have a forfeit bond for major team sports. All teams will now pay a registration fee of $30/team, due prior to registering a team. All normal IMS leagues will cost $30/team. All elite league teams will cost $50/team. Minor team sports costs vary.
- Pre-Season Captain's Meeting: This meeting is not mandatory. If your team chooses to attend, you will receive an automatic "A" sportsmanship grade to your overall sportsmanship average. If you choose not to attend, you will receive a "D" sportsmanship grade to your overall sportsmanship grade. It is acceptable for one person to act as a representative for multiple teams. During this meeting, policies and procedures along with rules for the sport will be discussed. These captain's meetings are geared to inform the captain's of the teams with as much information as possible while answering any questions they may have.
- Playoff Captain's Meetings: All teams will advance to a single elimination playoff bracket upon the conclusion of the season. This playoff meeting is MANDATORY and any team not represented at that meeting will be removed from the playoff bracket. At this meeting, a copy of each team's roster will be presented along with playoff clarifications. If there are any problems with player eligibility, they must be handled at this meeting or the player in question is ILLEGAL AND INELIGIBLE FOR PLAYOFF PARTICIPATION. No exceptions will be made for eligibility questions after this meeting.
Major Team Sport Waiting Lists
Because of our scheduling procedures, teams that fail to register during the registration period may be placed on a waiting list. Teams from the waiting list will have the opportunity to join leagues if teams fail to pay league dues, fail to show up for scheduled games, or be added to leagues that are created after the season starts if applicable. With the new registration structure, there are a limited number of leagues that will be offered, so registering your team early is advised. After the registration process has begun for a sport, adjustments to leagues and league times can be made if possible and at the discretion of the IMS Administration.