About Dr. Worsham
Dr. Raymond “Ray” Worsham served as the director of SFA’s intramural program for 43 years. During his tenure, the program saw high involvement, and thousands of students spent nights playing on the intramural fields, in the HPE Complex and around campus. To celebrate his dedication to the department and lasting impact, the scholarship was created.
Academic scholarship for Campus Rec employees
The Campus Recreation Department created the Dr. Raymond Lee Worsham Endowed Scholarship to provide financial assistance to current student employees of Campus Rec. The Dr. Raymond Lee Worsham Scholarship was established in 2011 to provide $1,000 of financial assistance for tuition and books ($500 in the fall and $500 in the spring) to one undergraduate or graduate (non-GA) Campus Rec student employee each year who upholds the values of the department in his or her work.
Applying for the scholarship
SFA students are eligible who:
- are current employees of Campus Rec
- have worked for the department at least two semesters or more
- are pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in any major at SFA
- and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of the application.
What criteria will be considered for awarding the scholarship?
- Compelling, thoughtful, genuine and thorough essay response
- Expected graduation date
- Level of dedication to the department
- Level of dedication to SFA
- Willingness to serve on the departmental Special Events Committee
The recipient must remain employed for the academic year in which scholarship is awarded. Exceptions will not be made for special circumstances.
All applications must be completed and submitted through the SFA scholarship page. Apply through mySFA by following these steps:
- Log in to mySFA.
- Select the “Financial Aid” tab.
- Select “Apply for Scholarship Opportunities” on the right side of the page.
- Search for “Worsham,” and follow the necessary steps.
All paperwork must be completed by 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020.
For questions regarding the scholarship application process, contact Jessica Waguespack at 936.468.6056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.