What is required for admission?
When it's time to assemble your application package keep in mind that admission requirements will differ between schools. Stay organized keeping in mind a few standard items required for submission:
- Application form
- Personal essay or statement of purpose
- Application fee
- Financial aid application
- Letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores
- Personal interview
Personal Essay or Statement of Purpose
Essay requirements will vary between institutions but your objective should remain constant: provide a clear, focused essay illustrating your career goals and enthusiasm for your field of study.
Here are some helpful pointers:
- What may the reader be looking for?
- What are the expectations of you as a student in your chosen field and as a career professional?
- Show your writing ability, depth of thinking, areas of interest, educational background
- Think about your immediate and long-term goals
- Why are you pursuing this particular graduate program at this institution?
- What will you bring to the program? How are you unique?
Printable version of this page: Application Package