Workshops and Presentations
A Career Services professional is available to present to your classroom and/or organization. Please submit your request at least two weeks prior to your preferred request date. Presentations available are:
- Career Services Orientation
- How to Work a Career Expo (online presentation)
- Internships: The #1 Credential for Getting Hired
- Interviewing: Stand Out Above the Rest
- First Impressions and Personal Branding (online presentation)
- Resume Construction 101
- Social Media and YOUR Career Development
- General Job Search Strategies
- How to Market Your Study Abroad Experience (online presentation)
Did you have something in mind that is not on the list? Let us know!
Complete the Presentation Request to take advantage of this great opportunity!
Career Services A+ Assignments
Are you looking for a way to integrate Career Services into your classroom?
- Document Critiques: Have our team review your students' resumes, cover letters, references, curriculum vitae or personal essays and letters of interest. Students can submit an electronic document critique through Jobs4Jacks or schedule a face-to-face critique with our office; either way, they receive their feedback electronically which can be submitted or uploaded to a course online.
- Practice Interviews: Do your students have a well-written resume? Great! Consider assigning a practice interview with Career Services. Students can practice skill identification and articulation using InterviewStream, a virtual interview simulation in which students have the autonomy to practice their interviewing skills, and can even send their recorded session to you or a mentor for further review. You can also control which questions are covered when setting up your class assignment.
Complete the Class Assignment Request form at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the semester in order to request these services.