- GRE Subject Testing Calendar for 2015-2016
- September 19, 2015
- October 24, 2015
- April 16, 2016
GRE Subject: $150.00
GRE General Test: $195.00
The GRE GENERAL TEST is offered weekly. You can view available appointment times and register for your GRE General Test on-line at www.ets.org/gre, or contact the Prometric Candidate Service Call Center at 1-800-473-2255.
When registering or scheduling your appointment, be sure that the spelling of your name exactly matches the name printed on the identification document(s) you will present at the test center. If this information does not match, you will not be permitted to test and your fee will be forfeited. There are no exceptions. You will have to register again and pay another test fee. Be sure to provide your entire first name (given name) and your entire last name (family name). Do not register under a nickname. If your ID document contains two last names, enter the names exactly as presented on your ID document. If you register via the telephone, please make sure you are registered under your complete name as it appears on your ID.
If your name has changed for any reason, including marriage, you still must present primary identification in the name under which you are registered, or you will not be permitted to test. Marriage certificates and divorce decrees cannot be used to confirm name difference. Please do not bring these documents to the test center.
YOU MUST contact the ETS Office of Testing Integrity BEFORE YOU REGISTER if you cannot meet the specified ID requirements or if you have questions about ID.
- You must have acceptable and valid (not-expired) ID with your name, signature and photograph. ID requirements are strictly enforced.
- If you cannot meet the specified ID requirements or if you have questions about ID, you must contact the ETS Office of Testing Integrity (609-406-5430, fax: 609-406-9709), or e-mail: TSReturns@ets.org.
- It is your responsibility to read and understand the ID requirements as published in the GRE Information and Registration Bulletin.
Acceptable Primary Identification Documents
- Passport with your name, photograph, and signature
- Valid driver’s license with your name, photograph, and signature
- State ID issued by motor vehicle agency with your name, photograph, and signature
- National ID with your name, photograph, and signature
- Military ID with your name, photograph, and signature
- You MUST PRESENT A VALID PASSPORT with your name, photograph, and signature as your primary identification document if you are testing OUTSIDE your country of citizenship.
Unacceptable Identification Documents
- Any expired ID
- International driver’s license
- Draft classification card
- International student ID
- Credit/debit card of any kind
- Notary-prepared letter or document
- Social Security card
- Employee ID card
- Learner’s permit or any temporary ID
- Birth certificate
- Any photocopied document
- GRE General test is only offered on computer. To register for the exam contact the Prometric Call Center at 800-473-2255 or 443-751-4820 or register on-line at www.ets.org/gre/grereg.
- Remember, when scheduling your appointment, you must use exactly the same name as shown on the primary identification document that you will present at the test center. If the name shown on your primary identification does not match the name on your appointment record, you will not be permitted to test.
- Take your admission ticket and valid photo identification to the test center.
- Mechanical pencils, pens, cellular telephones, PDAs & BlackBerry® devices, beepers, cameras, and all photographic communication, computer, and electronic devices are strictly prohibited in the testing room.
- Calculators are not permitted in the testing room.
- Watch alarms and clocks on cell phones are not permitted to track time.
- Food, drinks, gum, candy and tobacco products are not permitted in the testing room!
- Dress in layers so you can adapt to any room temperature.
- Friends or relatives who accompany you to the test center will not be permitted to wait in the test center or be in contact with you while you are taking the test.
Reasons for dismissal from a test center for Computer-based and Paper-based tests
Refer to the GRE Information and Registration Bulletin.
- attempting to take the test for someone else or having someone take the test for you
- failing to provide acceptable identification
- using a telephone or using and/or having a cell phone, PDA or BlackBerry® device in your possession during the test session or during breaks.
- using unauthorized testing aids.
- creating a disturbance
- obtaining improper access to the test, a part of the test, or information about the test.
Test Takes with Disabilities
If you are requesting nonstandard testing accommodations, you must register by mail through ETS and have your accommodations approved prior to testing.
The 2010-2011 Bulletin Supplement for Test Takes with Disabilities for GRE®, TOEFL®, TSE®, and the Praxis Series™ tests contains contact information, registration procedures, and forms. The Supplement should be used in conjunction with the information and registration form(s) found in the GRE Information and Registration Bulletin. To obtain a copy of the Supplement, contact GRE Disability Services or download the Supplement at www.ets.org/gre/disatest.
Additional Contact Information for ETS Disability Services
PHONE: 609-771-7780 or
866-387-8602 (toll free)
MAIL: GRE – ETS
P.O. Box 6054
Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6054
Attn: GRE – Mail Stop 05-Q
Find more information about GRE Testing at http://www.gre.org/.
Top of page