Higher Education Assessment
The new name for the TASP Test is the THEA Test. The content of the THEA
Test is the same as the former TASP Test. The THEA Test has been approved
by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating
Board, under Senate Bill 286, Texas Education
Code, Section 51.3062: Texas
Success Initiative, for use by Texas
Institutions of higher education as an assessment instrument to evaluate incoming students. The THEA Test provides the diagnostic data required by this legislation.
The ACCUPLACER Test is an alternative to the
Quick THEA is given by appointment only. Please call the testing services office to set up a Quick THEA appointment
$40.00 Payable to SFASU
$29.00 Payable to NES (Only Check or Credit Card)
What to Bring to the Test Center:
- Sharpened No. 2 pencils with erasers
- One identification document with a recent photograph
- You may bring a four-function, non-programmable calculator with square root and percent keys.
Examinees who wish to use a calculator for the THEA Test will need to bring their own calculator to the
You may NOT bring with you or use during the test any of the following types of calculators:
- Scientific or graphing calculators
- pocket organizers
- handheld, laptop, or notebook computers
- electronic writing pads or pen-input devices
- calculators with an alpha-numeric keyboard
- calculators with paper tape
- calculators that make noise or talk
- calculators with electrical cords
- business or financial planning calculators
- calculator watches
- calculators with rulers
Acceptable forms of photographic identification include the following:
- Current, valid (not-expired) driver's license
- Current, valid (not-expired) passport
- Student identification card
- Military identification card
- Current, valid (not-expired) alien registration card
- Department of Public Safety identification card (current and not-expired), available to all U.S.
citizens in Texas (please note that Department of Public Safety identification
cards take about six weeks to process); contact your local department for
information about how to obtain one.)
- Matricula Consular
All forms of identification must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted. If you do not have photographic identification, you may not be admitted to the test center.
- For information about your THEA status, or exemptions, contact the Academic
Advising Center at: (936) 468-5803, Ralph W. Steen Library, Room 203.
- Only a 4 function calculator (add, subtract, multiply, divide) with square
root and percent keys will be allowed. Scientific, graphing and programmable
calculators are not permitted!
- Cellular telephones, beepers, cameras, all photographic communication
, computers and electronic devices are strictly prohibited.
- Food, drinks, gum, candy and tobacco are not permitted in the testing room!
- Dress so you can adapt to any room temperature.
Find more information about THEA Testing at http://www.thea.nesinc.com.
Top of page