The Advisory Council will support the Department of Business Communication and Legal Studies in the following ways:
- Identify employment needs of graduates and make recommendations for program development.
- Assist the department in recruiting and retaining high quality students.
- Aid in the placement of department students and faculty in appropriate internship and externship opportunities.
- Facilitate contacts with employers that result in the placement of the department's graduates in jobs.
- Assist in the development of plans to obtain funds to support department programs, equipment acquisition, student participation, and faculty development.
- Interact with students as guest speakers.
- Provide a source from which department faculty may receive advice related to faculty research and community involvement.
- Promote a positive image of the students, faculty, and programs of the department to the professional community and the general public.
- Provide an outside voice to University administration and accrediting bodies relative to the department's needs, directions, and activities.
- Recommend qualified candidates for membership on the advisory council.
|Gary Lee Ashcraft||United Way|
|Tim Clipson||Faculty Representative|
|Jason B. Crager||Lockheed Martin|
|John Fleming||Nacogdoches County Attorney|
|Max Jentsch||Merck Co., Inc|
|Sean Kennedy||My Plates|
|Gary Lopez||Kest, LLC|
|Miles McCall||Commercial Bank of Texas|
|Manny Menard||Menard's Railroad Material|
|Ken Murphy||Mattress Firm|
|Barry Smith||Marsh USA Inc.|
|Paul Smith||Roy Blake Insurance Agency|
|Jill Smith||Lowes Distribution Center|
|Ron Smith||Holmes Murphy & Associates|
|Cole Tomberlain||Charles Tomberlain Insurance Agency|
|Luke Wilbanks||Chick-fil-a, Inc.|
|Jason Wright||Century 21 First Group|
|Phillip Yates||Yates Farmers Insurance|