Main Goal of the Mast Student Investment Roundtable:
The goal of the Mast Student Investment Roundtable is the investment of funds in a manner in which outperforms the returns of the S&P 500 index.
Processes to Achieving Our Main Goal:
The Mast Student Investment Roundtable will utilize two main methods in an attempt to outperform the S&P 500:
- Asset Allocation: Increase assets, compared to the S&P 500, to high performing sectors and decrease assets to low performing sectors.
- Stock Selection: Select the best performing stocks within each sector.
Ancillary Goals of the Mast Student Investment Roundtable:
- Enhancing the educational opportunities of the students by providing them with a real world portfolio management experience and giving them a distinct advantage in starting their careers in the business world.
- Enhance the visibility of the Nelson Rusche College of Business in order to recruit quality students that are interested gaining valuable experience while receiving their education.
- Fund operational expenses, scholarships, and awards through the annual proceeds from the endowment portion of the Mast Student Investment Roundtable Fund.
- Encourage non-business students to become interested in the financial markets by observing the work of fellow peers.
- Establishing relationships with the business community through participation and engagement with the Roundtable.