Apply Today

Airfare Billing Form

Any airline ticket expense, whether to be prepaid or reimbursed, must be listed on the approved Travel Request.

The State Travel Management Program of the General Services Commission has contracted with several airlines to provide special airfare rates for certain flights. University employees traveling on official State business are encouraged to use these contracted rates when possible. A listing of the flights and rates is available at Travel Website .

An employee who wishes to charge an airline ticket directly to the University must submit an Airfare Billing Form (available from University Printing Services) to the Controller's Office. After approval, the employee must present the signed form to a local participating travel agency (list available at Travel Website) . The travel agency will book the flight and charge the expense to the University rather than to the employee.

The original receipt, attached to the Travel Voucher, is required for airline ticket reimbursement. Airline ticket reimbursement to the employee will be made only after completion of the travel. However, an employee may request advance travel funds for airline tickets that must be paid well in advance of the travel date. The University cannot reimburse an employee for the cost of air transportation by a person who is not a commercial transportation company.

Contact Information • Lynnette Honea (936) 468-2462 • fax: (936) 468-2207

Top of page

Become a Student Academics & Research Students Alumni & Friends Faculty & Staff Arts & Athletics A-Z List