Planning for Interviews of Prospective Employees
- Determine which expenses will be paid by the University, what account
will be charged, and whether budget is available to cover these expenses.
(The search committee and/or department determine what costs, if any, will
- Determine if a telephone interview or videoconference interview
would be appropriate. If so, contact Randy Watson in OIT to schedule use
of videoconferencing equipment.
- Be sure and acquire all pertinent information from prospective employee:
- full name
- mailing address
- e-mail address
- telephone numbers
- social security number
- smoking or non-smoking preference (if hotel reservations are going to
- special dietary concerns
- If expenses are to be paid by the University, please submit a completed Substitute W-9 form to the Travel Office so the Prospective Employee can be set up in the Banner system.
- If expenses are to be paid by the University, submit a Prospective Employee Travel Request in the Banner system to the Travel Office with appropriate approvals. The written request form is for use within the department.
- Determine which type of transportation will be used, ensuring that
the least expensive mode of travel is charged to the University.
- For pricing information, check our negotiated prices listed on the
Purchasing web page.
- If ground transportation is needed, determine if SFA or traveler
will make the arrangements and whether they will be made at the airport
- Refer prospective employee to our travel website in order that they
can familiarize themselves with the University and the State of Texas travel
- Send prospective employee the Prospective Employee Travel Checklist
• Lynnette Honea (936) 468-2462 • fax: (936) 468-2207
Top of page