Planning for Interviews of Prospective Employees
- Determine which expenses will be paid by the University, what account will be charged, and whether budget is available to cover these expenses. (The search committee and/or department determine what costs, if any, will be covered.)
- Determine if a telephone interview or videoconference interview would be appropriate. Be sure and acquire all pertinent information from prospective employee:
Be sure and acquire all pertinent information from prospective employee:
- full name
- mailing address
- e-mail address
- telephone numbers
- social security number
- smoking or non-smoking preference (if hotel reservations are going to
- special dietary concerns
- If expenses are to be paid by the University, please submit a completed Substitute W-9 form to the Travel Office Substitute W-9 so the Prospective Employee can be set up in the Banner system.
- If expenses are to be paid by the University, submit a Prospective Employee Travel Authorization in the TEM Module to the Travel Office with appropriate approvals. The Prospective employee expense type should be used for their expenses, but an explanation as to the purpose of the expense should be included in the description of each line. The written request form provided is for use with the Prospective and within the department, however, it can be uploaded with the other documentation for further clarification.
- Determine which type of transportation will be used, ensuring that
the least expensive mode of travel is charged to the University.
- For hotel pricing information, check our negotiated prices listed on the Purchasing web page.
- If ground transportation is needed, determine if SFA or traveler
will make the arrangements and whether they will be made at the airport
- Please refer your prospective employee to our travel website in order that they can familiarize themselves with the University and the State of Texas travel guidelines.
- Please send the prospective employee the Travel Request - Prospective Employee to help them plan their trip and utilize the travel information included.
• Lynnette Honea (936) 468-2462 • fax: (936) 468-2207
Top of page