Counseling can address areas such as:
- Addiction and abuse on alcohol and other drugs
- Adjustment issues, including adjustment to college life
- Anger management
- Eating disorders
- Gender identity and sexual orientation
- Problem solving
- Relationship difficulties, including roommates, significant others, and professors
- Relationship violence and physical abuse
- Sexual assault
- Stress management
- Thoughts of suicide or preoccupation with death
To schedule an appointment you may come by Counseling Services on the 3rd floor of the Rusk Building or call (936) 468-2401.
Please arrive 10 minutes early for the first session in order to complete intake information. You must be an enrolled student to access services. There is no fee for counseling. Counseling sessions usually last 50 minutes. All sessions are private and records are confidential.
If you are not comfortable in the working relationship with your current counselor, you have the right to request a transfer to another counselor. If an additional transfer is necessary, you may discuss this with the Director of Counseling Services.