Children will be accepted in the Early Childhood (ECH) Laboratory (Lab) School on a first-come, first-served basis. Exceptions include:
- A child who has a sibling currently enrolled and attending the ECH Lab School will be given priority over one who does not.
- A child of a full-time SFASU employee will be given priority over one who is not.
- Length of time on the wait list will be the next determining factor for allocating positions.
- The ECH Lab School management will exercise professional judgment in filling vacancies and consideration will be given to the unique makeup of each classroom in order to maintain the highest quality care for all of the children in the facility.
Application Form and Fee
- Applications are accepted once a year during the month of March. Exceptions include a child of a current sibling or full-time SFASU employee, or a classroom in which there is no current wait list. The child must be born in order to make application.
- Submission of an application form will hold a child's place on the wait list for a one-year period. Renewal each March will ensure that a child will stay on the list and will hold the current list placement status (or possibly move up if others do not renew their application or decided not to attend). Renewal is not automatic. (See Application Renewal below.)
- A one-time application fee of $25.00 will be assessed with Submittal of the application. An application is not considered complete until the fee is paid and the information on the application form is complete.
Application Notification and Acceptance
- Typical ECH Lab School starting dates are June and August. Notification of an available space is typically given one month prior to the starting date. Once notified, an applicant is given 48 hours to decide whether or not to accept the position.
- If a position becomes available at another time during the year, an applicant next on the list will be notified of the vacancy and given 48 hours to decide whether or not to accept. Attendance must begin within one week of notification of the available position.
Contacting Applicants of a Vacancy
Several attempts (3-4) will be made by the ECH Lab School to contact applicants. After 72 hours if no answer is received at either the home or work number provided on the application, the ECH Lab School will move to the next name on the wait list to allocate the vacant position. The application is then moved to the bottom of the list.
Renewal of an application must be done annually in order to remain on the wait list. Applications may be renewed anytime from March 1st through March 31st. No renewal fee is required. Renewal of an application must be done in person at the ECH Lab School administrative office. An application that is not renewed will be considered void and will be removed from the wait list. After an application is removed from the wait list an applicant must reapply, paying the application fee, and will be placed on the wait list as if the applicant is new.