The Initial Certification with a Master's degree is designed with you in mind. This exciting and progressive program prepares post-baccalaureate students for teacher certification in EC-6 or Middle Level Grades (MLG) AND is attached to a master's degree in Elementary Education (ELE).
Stephen F. Austin State University prepares post-baccalaureate students for the following teacher certifications (select red text to see degree plan):
Elementary Education (pre-k through sixth grade) EC-6
Middle Level Grades 4 - 8 Generalist
Middle Level Grades 4 - 8 English/Language Arts/Reading
Middle Level Grades 4 - 8 Math
Middle Level Grades 4 - 8 Science
Middle Level Grades 4 - 8 Social Studies
What Can I Expect Upon Graduation from SFA?
- Upon the completion of the program, graduates
- are certified teachers,
- locate, critically analyze, and synthesize current, relevant literature about an educational topic;
- use research methods appripriately to design action research applicable to learning environments;
- interpret assessment data to guide instructional decisions;
- demonstrate teh Perkins College of Education (PCOE) Conceptual Framework dispositions leading to successful teaching: academic excellence, collaboration, life-long learning, openness, integrity, and service; an
- demonstrate acceptable communication skills.