Accepting Financial Aid Awards
Once we receive your information from the Federal Processor, we will begin the awarding process.
Remember to review your financial aid offers carefully before accepting or declining individual awards. If you are unsure of the type of award offered, please refer back to Financial Aid Programs. You will be required to complete your Terms and Conditions before accepting or declining awards.
Listed below are the step-by-step instructions for accepting your aid on mySFA:
- Go to http://www.sfasu.edu/mysfa/. Enter your User Name and PIN and click "OK".
- Click on "myServices"
- Click on Online Services
- Click on Financial Aid Tab
- Click on Award (3rd option Down)
- Click on the Award for Aid Year
- Select the Appropriate Aid Year (ex: 2012-2013)
- Click on Terms and Conditions Tab (4th tab over)
- Read and Accept your Terms and Conditions. You will still need to continue on and accept or decline your awards.
- Click on Accept Award Offers.
- This will open up your personal award letter. For each award listed, please Accept or Decline the award by making the selection in the "Action" column. Then go to the bottom of the award page and click submit decision.
Student Loan Information
- SFA students accepting a Direct Loan must complete and E-Sign one Master Promissory Note (MPN) with the Department of Education.
- If you and your parent accept the Parent Plus Loan award, your parent must complete the PLUS credit application through the Department of Education’s website. Your parent must be approved, and they must sign the electronic Parent PLUS Master Promissory Note (eMPN) also available at the Department of Education’s website at www.StudentLoans.gov.
- If you are a first time borrower, you will also be required to complete Entrance Counseling.
- If you are a transfer student with prior loan history, you may send a copy of your completed entrance counseling by using our Transfer Student Entrance Counseling guide.
- When logging into the Direct Loans website you and/or your parents will need your FAFSA PIN.
Financial Aid will not credit your bill until you have accepted your awards on MySFA, and all requirements have been satisfied.
If you have any questions regarding your financial aid award or the Direct Loan process, please contact our office at (936) 468-2403 or email@example.com.
Top of page