SFA’s Purple Promise Program
Stephen F. Austin State University's Purple Promise Guarantee Program will cover tuition and regular fees for up to 4 years (summer terms not included). To maintain eligibility, individuals must be accepted into the program, must complete hour and GPA requirements and maintain the published financial aid criteria listed below. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be a Texas Resident
- Determined by the SFA Admissions Office according to state guidelines.
- Must be entering college as a first-time freshman
- Any normal advanced placement or dual credit that counts towards the SFA degree, as well as courses taken in the summer between high school graduation and SFA enrollment, will not prevent consideration of applicants as first-time freshmen.
- Students accepted as incoming transfer students are not eligible for the program.
- Must be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant Program
- Determined by the information on the FAFSA according to federal guidelines.
- Must be a “Dependent Student” as defined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or be a qualifying orphan
- Must have a combined family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $30,000 or less
- Family AGI will be determined annually based on information entered on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). AGI will be determined by adding student and parent income together.
- Must complete all financial aid application requirements by June 1 preceding the application period
- Admission to the University as a regular degree seeking student.
- Financial Aid Office receipt of a valid (not in reject status) Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA).
- Financial Aid Office receipt of ALL required verification documents if chosen for the process of verification by the federal processor or the SFA Financial Aid Office including but not limited to:
- Completed and signed Verification Worksheet
- Copy of the student’s IRS Tax Transcript
- Copy of the parent(s) IRS Tax Transcript
- Must enroll in a minimum of 15 semester credit hours through the census date (12th class day) each fall and spring
- Must complete at least 30 credit hours each consecutive academic year, with a cumulative grade point average of 2.2 or higher. Purple Promise will not cover cost for tuition and fees for summer terms.
The SFA Purple Promise Tuition Guarantee Program will cover the remaining balance of any tuition and mandatory fees (for 15 hours) that are not covered by other grants, scholarships (all sources), exemptions, benefits and/or waiver programs received by the applicant.
The program does not cover room, board, books, supplies, or miscellaneous charges including parking fees, installment plan fees, post office box rental fees, late installment fees, reinstatement fees, late registration fees, etc.
Eligible recipients must reapply each year and meet all requirements above to determine continued eligibility for the program. If a recipient of the program fails to meet the eligibility criteria, continued eligibility will be terminated.
Top of page