Pre-game tailgate activities for Lumberjack fans will take on a true college football game day atmosphere thanks to a new "back to basics approach" designed to get everyone closer to the action. Under the new plan, fans will be able to set up their tailgate venues adjacent to the Ag Pond or in any "green space" or grass-covered area around Homer Bryce Stadium. Tailgate spots will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, and there will be no reservations or fees.
Under the new open-site tailgating system, all green areas located within the tailgate footprint will open at 8 a.m. on game days, regardless of the time the game is scheduled.
Anyone with additional questions or concerns can contact John Branch or Jeremy Stolfa at 936-468-3501.
- The Ag Pond will be laid out in a grid and all tents must stay within the grid. No tents larger than 10' wide will be permitted. Length of tents should not exceed 40'. Please be courteous to others and only occupy the space you need.
- Kegs, glass containers and sound amplification equipment are not allowed in tailgate areas. Sound amplification devices are defined as any device used to broadcast sound that are operated by battery or electricity.
- Open-site tailgate areas are green-spaces (grass-covered areas) located within the tailgate footprint that are not parking lots. Driving or parking vehicles on open-site tailgate areas is strictly prohibited. Tailgating supplies must be carried to the site from the designated load-in zones or parking areas.
- Arrive early! All tailgate areas open at 8:00 a.m. on game day regardless of game time. Since all tailgate areas are first-come, first-serve, tailgaters are encouraged to take advantage of the 8:00 a.m. open time - get there, put your tent up and go home. Tailgaters can come back later and bring friends and stuff.
Where is tailgating allowed?
Now that our pre-game festivities won't be occupying valuable parking spaces in the commuter lot, getting to and from the game will be easier. The map below indicates many places around campus Lumberjack fans may park on game day.
Getting your tailgating gear to your spot
Certain "load-in" zones have been established for you and your tailgating friends to unload your coolers, grills, tables and other tailgating gear and get to your favorite spot. Please make your stop at the load-in zones as brief as possible (15 minutes or less) so everyone has time to enjoy pre-game fun. The map below indicates the various load-in zones around the stadium.
- All tailgate areas open at 8:00 am on game-day regardless of game time. Tailgate space is claimed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Open-site tailgate areas are green-spaces located within the tailgate footprint that are not parking lots. Driving or parking private vehicles on open-site tailgate areas is strictly prohibited. Tailgating supplies must be carried to the site from the designated load-in zones or parking areas.
- Load-in zones for open-site tailgate areas are designated. Parking in load-in zones must not exceed 15 minutes.
- Tents and canopies must be secured and amenities including furniture, grills, generators or satellite dishes must be confined to your area and may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways.
- BBQ grills on trailers are prohibited in open-site tailgate areas. Small grills that can be carried by two people are permissible.
- Kegs and glass containers are not allowed in tailgate areas.
- Sound amplification equipment is strictly prohibited.
- Please be mindful of underground utilities when staking tents. Be sure to identify these areas prior to staking.
- All BBQ grills, propane or otherwise, should be attended to at all times. Hot coals must be doused and properly disposed of in designated Coal Dumpsters. Open pit fire devices are strictly prohibited. Cooking grease should be disposed of in proper containers.
- Generators must be equipped with a noise reducing device. Special care and consideration should be taken when managing fuel and extension cords.
- Please dispose of all trash in trash receptacles or pack it out. The disposal of grease, hot coals or hazardous materials onto the grounds or into storm drains is prohibited.
- University policy prohibits pets other than service animals.
- RV owners are encouraged to minimize noise and disruption for others. Please use an appropriate manufacturer approved muffler or use a cover to minimize the noise from generators. Cords, satellite dishes, etc. must be confined to each allotted RV space and cannot be stretched across drive lanes. Additional vehicles must be parked in a designated parking space.
- Official tailgate activities are private parties and commercial activity of any kind is strictly prohibited unless existing contractual obligations allow it. This includes advertising, giveaways, the taking of orders, sales, donations, fundraisers, collecting and distributing literature, marketing applications or promotional materials.
- No organization, department, business or individual may offer any food, non-alcoholic beverages, goods or services for sale (including donations and fundraisers) at official tailgate activities except those officially contracted by the University to provide such services.
- Individuals, groups and organizations hosting or participating in tailgate parties are responsible for their own conduct and are expected to respect the rights of others and the entire University community. Groups hosting tailgate parties are responsible for providing their own designated drivers.
- At its discretion, the University may terminate or take other appropriate action against individuals, groups, or organizations whose conduct at tailgate parties is irresponsible, unreasonable, or inconsistent with University policies, regulations, ordinances and laws.