I. Identification Information
- Class, activity or event in which accident occurred
- Date and time of accident
- Person in charge
- Person injured
II. Accident Information
- Location of accident.
- What was the injured doing? (Just the facts, do not include opinions or determination of cause.)
- Safety steps taken or not taken. (Do not write preventative steps the institution could have taken.)
III. First Aid or Medical Assistance
- What type of injury? (Just facts about general nature of injury.)
- What emergency care was given?
- Was the injured taken to the hospital? How?
- Who did what?
- Take notes of communications with the injured or their family and friends.
- Inform risk manager, safety officer, proper administrator, and/or attorney.
- Do not take immediate steps to make changes without the advice of your attorney.
- Save any possible evidence.