Campus Alert

The University is currently observing normal operating hours. ...Click here for more information.

Stephen F. Austin State University

902 Old Tyler Road

902 Old Tyler Road Photographs

902 Old Tyler Road 2012 Survey

This is the site of the former City of Nacogdoches first waterworks which included the brick tool building and concrete holding tanks. In 1926 the city expanded the facility and added the house, garage, pumping station, and shop. The site was vacant for several years in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

The current owners have been slowly rehabilitating the structures through the use of sympatheic adaptive reuse. The waters wells on the site were used until about 11 years ago (2000).

For historic maps of the Nacogdoches Light and Power Company site see the Sanborn Maps in the UT Perry Castaneda Collection.