According to former owners of the residence, this house was the old Mackechney homestead located on North Street. Mat M. Mackechney bought the land located on North Street on August 9, 1919. In 1923, he had his 10.77 acres of land subdivided. The M. M. Mackechney Subdivision plat was recorded with the County of Nacogdoches on September 29, 1924. The plat shows the location of the Mackechney homestead; where Whataburger is currently located.
One notable person who lived in the home while it was located on North Street, former Nacogdoches County Sheriff John R. Lightfoot and his wife, Opal. They lived in the home from 1955 to 1977.
The home was moved from North Street to its current location on Post Oak some time in the late 1970s to early 1980s.
According to a former homeowner, the house was built in 1902. When it was time to move the house, the four large pillars located at the front of the house, were almost not moved. Since they are solid concrete, the moving company did not want to be responsible for moving them. This was a deal breaker for the homeowners at that time. Apparently an agreement was made, as the pillars were moved with the home.