1722 Martinsville Photographs
- 1722 Martinsville - front facade (faces north) Photo by Pamela Temple, 8-4-2011
- 1722 Martinsville - northeast corner Photo by Pamela Temple, 8-4-2011
- 1722 Martinsville - northwest corner Photo by Pamela Temple, 8-4-2011
- 1722 Martinsville - west side Photo by Pamela Temple on 8-4-2011
- Click here to view survey form.
Significance: The house was built in 1908 by George Blackburn, former Sheriff of Nacogdoches Country, and was used as his private home in the country. All the walls meet at approximately 130 degree angles, which leaves no corners within the house, making the architectural design very unique.
- Address: 1722 Martinsville Road
- Name: George V. Pruitts
- Date: 1920
- Block: 54
- Condition: Excellent; addition at rear with smooth siding, part of car garage
- Description: 1-story; wood frame with bull-nosed siding; brick foundation; symmetrical rectangular plan with chamfered bays at front facade (north); hip roofs with composition shingles; extended trimmed rafter ends, deep overhang; porch inset between two front bays; windows wood double-hung diamond-paned upper sash over single lower sash; central entry with wood door with large oval light flanked by double-hung windows.
- Significance: Architectural; good example of type.