- A Phone Call from Ida Lee Edmiston (August 2016)
- Rededication of Mission Padre San Francisco, Celebrating 300 Years of Christianity in Cherokee County (July 2016)
- Stories of Sharecropping and Tenant Farming (June 2016)
- Old Photos from Gallatin School and State Historical Marker (May 2016)
- Teens Called To Preach--150 Years of History, First Baptist Mixon (April 2016)
- Cherokee County Sponsors Texas Flag Project (March 2016)
- Forgotten Communities (January 2016)
Deborah L. Burkett Dr. Deborah L. Burkett, retired educator and graduate of University of Southern California, Los Angeles has deep ties to this area; her family arrived during the Republic of Texas. She is chair of the Cherokee County Historical Commission and a founding member of the Troup Genealogic/Historical Society, Inc., and as a member of working committees who published Troup Goes to WW II (1999) and A Century of the History of Troup, Texas 1850s - 1950s (2009). Burkett's own publications include Quilts and Their Stories Binding Generations Together (2013) and East Texas Piney Woods Spunky Women-1830s to 1950s- Spirited Individuals Who Made a Difference (2016).