For those who were unable to attend the opening of the exhibit 'Going off to War: An Exhibit at the Nacogdoches Historic Depot', below we have a transcribed copy of LTC Reichert's speech.
If you missed the opening event, have no fear! The exhibit runs through April, 2012 and is free and open to the public. The Nacogdoches Railroad Depot, located at 101 Old Tyler Road, in Nacogdoches, Tx, is open Tuesday-Thursday, 11am to 3pm, and Fridays, 10am to 4pm.
Photographs from Event
- Patrons in the main area viewing the exhibit.
- Mannequins positioned in the main waiting area, adorned with various military uniforms.
- Lieutenant Colonel (LTC) Reichert, our guest speaker for the event.
- Patrons preparing for LTC Reichert's speech.
- Damika Thomas (Left), who works in the Center for Regional Heritage Research, speaks with a patron concerning the event.
- LTC Reichert and his wife Mrs. Wendy Reichert.
- LTC Reichert speaking at the event.
- Patrons standing soon after LTC Reichert's speech.
- LTC Reichert (Right) speaks with a patron.
- LTC Reichert
- Mrs. Derby and Dr. Kelley Snowden
- Damika Thomas (Left) and Rene Valdez (Right)
- Dr. Mark Barringer, Associate Dean of the College of Liberal and Applied Arts.