Stephen F. Austin State University

718 N. Fredonia

718 N. Fredonia Photographs

718 N. Fredonia 2011 Summer Survey

There is a detached, red, modular shed at the rear of the property.

Significance: In 1949, William R. Bowden (sometimes Bowdon) and Verra Bowden acquired the property where this home now sits. William R. Bowden began his career in the jewelery department of the Stripling, Haselwood & Co. department store. After working for the store for several years, Bowden opened the Bowden Jewelry Store. In 1955, approximately a year before William Bowden's retirement, the couple constructed the current home.


718 N. Fredonia 2010 Summer Survey

718 N. Fredonia 1990 National Register Information