702 Mound Photographs
- 702 Mound Front. Photo by Ashley McDonald, 8/11/11.
- 702 Mound The left side with stained glass windows. Photo by Ashley McDonald, 8/11/11
- 702 Mound Detail of front door. Photo by Ashley McDonald, 8/11/11
- 702 Mound Front. Photo by Ashley McDonald, 8/3/11
Construction began in 1948 for the new home for the First Christian Church, the architect was Nacogdoches local Hal B. Tucker. The groundbreaking service was held April 11, 1948 at 3 pm and the first new service in the sanctuary was July 17, 1949. (Daily Sentinel, 3-7-1982) By August 1, 1969 the Fellowship Hall had been built, with a nursery added 1980. (ETRC Vertical Files- Nacogdoches County Churches D-N) By the end of 1998, eighteen stained glass windows depicting the life of Christ were put in to replace the art deco style colored windows. (Daily Sentinel, 12-5-98)In the ETRC there is a 1956 historic pencil drawing of the sanctuary in A-35, Box 10, Folder 3.
- Address: 702 N. Mound
- Date: 1935
- Category: Contributing
- Block: 26
- Lot: 11
- Description: Brick veneer religious structure with central spire; broken pediment over front door entrance; additional lots: 11A, 11B, 11C, 11D, 11E and 110.