Troy D. Davis, Ph.D.
Marquette University, 1992
Irish History, European History Since 1945, Diplomatic History
Office: 309 Vera Dugas Liberal Arts North
Dr. Davis has taught or is currently teaching the following courses:
- Global Diplomacy Since 1945
- Irish History
- History of Northern Ireland
- Contemporary Europe
- independent study course preparing students for the teacher certification exam (grades 8-12) in History
- Senior Seminar
- U.S. History, 1000-1877
- U.S. History, 1877-present
- Western Civilization I
- Western Civilization II
Dr. Davis' publications include:
- “Irish Americans and the Treaty: The View from the Irish Free State,” New Hibernia Review 18 (Summer 2014): 84-96.
- “How the Irish Proved They Were White? Irish America, Race, and the Anglo-Irish War,” in Working Papers in Irish Studies 2010.2 (April 2010): 3-21.
- " 'The Irish Movement in this Country is Now Moribund': The Anti-Partition Campaign of 1948-1951 in the United States," in After the Flood: Irish America, 1945-1960, edited by James Silas Rogers and Matthew J. O'Brien (Dublin: Irish Academic Press, 2009): 38-54.
- "Eamon de Valera's Political Education: The American Tour of 1919-20" New Hibernia Review 10 (Spring 2006): 65-78.
- Several historical entries in Everything Irish: The History, Literature, Art, Music, and Places of Ireland, edited by Lelia Ruckenstein and James A. O'Malley (New York: Ballantine Books, 2003).
- "Anti-partitionism, Irish America and Anglo-American Relations, 1945-51," in Irish Foreign Policy, 1919-66: From Independence to Internationalism, edited by Michael Kennedy and Joseph M. Skelly (Dublin: Four Courts Press, 2000).
- Dublin's American Policy: Irish-American Diplomatic Relations, 1945-1952 (Washington: Catholic University of America Press, 1998).
- "Diplomacy as Propaganda: The Appointment of T. A. Smiddy as Irish Free State Minister to the United States," Éire-Ireland 31 (Fall/Winter 1996): 117-29.
- "The Irish Civil War and the 'International Proposition' of 1922-23," Éire- Ireland 29 (Summer 1994): 92-112.