SFA Regional Contest Information
It's not just a day, it's an experience!
Date: Friday, February 7, 2014
Location: Baker Pattillo Student Center (the former University Center) (shown as building 75 on the campus map), Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas
First story floor plan
Second story floor plan
Time: 8:00 A.M.
- Online registration is open until January 31, 2014 on the Texas History Day website. Be sure to choose the Stephen F. Austin State University Regional History Day competition!
- Paper Entries: Mail four copies of your paper including annotated bibliography and process paper to the Coordinator postmarked by January 31, 2014.
- Website Entries: Create your website with the NHD Site Editor. Click here to begin the registration process. The judging period for websites will begin February 3, 2014. Beginning on that date students will not be able to access their entry until after the competition.
NEW for 2014! With so many complaints in the past with the Scrib.d element on NHD Weebly we have removed this element and recommend students post their Bibliographies and Process papers as PDF files on their websites with the "File" element under 'Media'.
Registration Entry Deadline: January 31, 2014
Entry Fee: $5.00 per student, non-refundable. Make check payable to SFASU Regional History Day. Must be postmarked January 31, 2014.
Concessions: Meals and snacks are available for purchase in the Baker Pattillo Student Center.
- Personal Vehicles – All personal vehicles parking along a street or in a surface lot must display a visitor’s pass available at no charge from the information booth (shown as building 87 on the campus map) located on Vista Drive. You may also park in the Student Center Parking Garage (shown as building 55 on the campus map) at the corner of Alumni Drive and Griffin Boulevard. The Student Center Parking Garage offers parking by the hour at the rate of $2 for the first hour and $1 per additional hour.
- Busses - School busses should drop off students at the Student Center, then park in the lot located at University Drive and West College Street, across from the William R. Johnson Coliseum (shown as building 89 on the campus map).
- For additional questions regarding parking, please contact the SFA office of Parking & Traffic at 936-468-7275, firstname.lastname@example.org, or http://www.sfasu.edu/parking.
Top of page