The Fashion Merchandising Club is a student organization with membership open to students who select fashion merchandising as their major or minor. The goals and objectives of the club are to:
- generate interest and awareness of fashion merchandising career opportunities,
- encourage student participation in events related to the field of fashion merchandising,
- encourage student participation in the FGI Dallas Career Day seminar held in April,
- promote networking opportunities among the membership,
- promote leadership and professional development, and
- provide opportunities for interaction between members and industry professionals.
An annual membership fee is required for membership. The organization has monthly business meetings and occasional socials.
Please contact Michelle Jones for more information regarding the Fashion Merchandising Club.
Professional Organizations for Students
Student memberships are available in the following professional organizations:
- American Association for Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) http://www.aafcs.org
- Texas Association for Family and Consumer Sciences(TAFCS) http://www.tafcs.org
- International Textile & Apparel Association (ITAA) http://www.itaaonline.org
- Costume Society of America http://www.costumesocietyamerica.com
- Fashion Group International, Inc. of Dallas (FGI) http://www.fgi.org