Advisement meetings are a critical part of the Interior Design Program. Much effort is taken to keep students in the correct sequence. The consequence of getting off sequence is the addition of a year to the student's graduation plan.
It is the responsibility of each student to meet with his or her advisor during the regular advisement period prior to registration each semester. Your advisor is Julie Stadler. Students should sign up for an appointment at the advising center located in the James I Perkins College of Education on the first floor, room 118. Drop-in appointments are not acceptable, nor generally available. Please schedule a time during the semester. This can be done by calling (936) 468-2901 or email email@example.com. Using the student's unofficial transcript, and degree plan, students should develop a tentative schedule prior to their advisement appointment. A course sequencing matrix is provided for you as a guide. Please review to determine sequence of studio/labs.
Interior Design Advisor: Julie Stadler (936) 468-2901, Room 118 College of Education building.
Initiating the Degree Plan
After the completion of 45 course hours the student must initiate the degree plan.
- Go to the College of Education Advising Center, Room ED 118, in the McKibben Building to request the initiation of your degree plan.
- Advise staff of your major and any desired double major or minor. Remember Interior Design does not have a minor, but you may add one.
- The staff in the advising center will contact you when the degree plan is ready, (approximately 2 weeks).
- Follow the routing instructions for appropriate signatures. If you do not add a minor or a second degree come directly to the coordinator of the interior design program. Appointments must be made with the coordinator to review the degree plan and to review your plan of action.
- Return signed degree plan to the College of Education Advising Center.