All faculty, staff and student job openings are required to be posted prior to any hiring decisions being made (excluding adjunct faculty and casual employees).
A hiring matrix is required on all staff and faculty positions. The hiring department is required to submit to HR interview questions for approval prior to conducting interviews.
A sample hiring matrix and list of acceptable interview questions are available below.
For questions regarding procedures for hiring faculty or staff, please call the HR office at 936-468-2304.
The following information is provided to help those Academic departments that hire Graduate Assistants (GA).
These procedures are designed to ensure that all departments are in compliance with Federal law and University policy. We also want to ensure that with these procedures the hiring process runs smoothly and easily for the Academic Department, the Graduate School, Human Resources and the student.
The major steps that all departments should complete are as followed:
- Complete the EPAF correctly - proper EPAF type & position number
- Hiring department should direct the prospective GA to the HR website to complete the Background Check form
- Academic department signs up new hires (G.A.'s) for New Employee Orientation (NEO) session.
- New hires complete NEO paperwork (including Form I-9: Employment Eligibility Verification Form).
- GA schedules and attends EEO/Sexual Harassment and Safety training within 30 days of date of hire.