Faculty/Staff can open a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection to the SFA network. This VPN connection gives the user full access to on-campus assets. Please note that once this connection is established, your personal machine is on the SFA network.
SFA uses Pulse Secure to establish a VPN connection.
Windows 10: Go to the Windows App Store and download the free Pulse Secure App (from Pulse Secure LCC). Once Pulse Secure has been installed, close the App Store. Pulse Secure is now installed as a service, but not an application you can open. To set up the VPN connection in Windows 10:
- Go to Windows Settings > Network & Internet > VPN > Add a VPN connection.
- In the Add a VPN connection box, select Pulse Secure as the VPN provider.
- Under Connection name, you may name the connection anything you would like.
- Under server name or address, enter "sfavpn.sfasu.edu" (without the quotes). Click save.
- Now click on the new VPN connection you just created and click connect. When prompted, enter your mySFA username and password.
For Windows 7 and Mac OS, download and the appropriate version of Pulse Secure from the list below:
- Windows 7 64-bit: PulseConnect2017x64.msi
- Windows 7 32-bit: PulseConnect2017x86.msi
- Mac OS: PulseConnectMac2017.dmg
Once installed, configure Pulse Secure to connect to sfavpn.sfasu.edu.