Rules for Riding
Information for Riding the Bus
- Bad weather, rush hour traffic, and peak class times can affect schedules and seating availability.
- The drivers are only allowed to stop at the designated stops. Please do not try to flag down the driver, please wait at a designated stop until the next shuttle arrives.
- For passenger safety and comfort SFA does not allow eating, drinking or smoking on the shuttles.
- Items left on the bus will be held at UPD. You can reach them at (936) 468-2608 to recover the lost items.
- Make sure you arrive at the bus stop with plenty of time before the next scheduled leave time as the bus will only pick you up if you are waiting at a designated SFA bus stop.
- Have a seat if available, relax and watch for your destination. If you are standing, stand behind the white line in the front of the bus and never stand or sit in the stairwell of the bus.
- Please pay attention so that you do not miss your stop because once the bus has pulled away from the stop the driver cannot let you off. Before you exit the bus check around for any belongings you brought with you as Grounds and Transportation and Parking & Traffic are not responsible for items left on the bus.
- After exiting the bus walk behind the bus and use the crosswalk to cross the street. Check our website frequently for updates or changes.
- Wondering when the next bus will arrive? Log onto your computer or smartphone and go to nextbus.com to see when the SFA Jack Track will arrive.
- The daytime Jack Track operates Monday - Friday, when classes are in session, from 7:20 pm to 5:20 am during the fall and spring semesters only.
- The evening Jack Track operates Sunday - Thursday, when classes are in session, from 5:30 pm to 1:30 am during the fall and spring semesters only.
- Shuttles do not operate during the December break, summer, and University holidays or during intersessions.